Friday, October 23, 2015

Annoyances

So tonight I checked out yWriter5 and Scrivener a little bit. both seem very confusing to me. I just don't get it. Wouldn't it be, you know...helpful or something to have a wizard or tutorial to walk you through how to use your program?

Okay...so there's a wiki for yWriter5, and I know there's books out there for Scrivener. But really...is it that hard to include a freaking tutorial?

Every other program in the world seems to have one. Granted, I may just be lazy and not want to learn a new program right now (I feel time crunched).

So I'm thinking I'll stick with Google Docs and write there, splitting my chapters up into separate docs. It just seems easier, ya know?

Of course, my mind's been flooding with other questions too, like...

  • Should I write under a pen name, or my real name?
    • Which would look better on a book cover, pen name or real name?
    • What would my pen name even be?
  • How long is a chapter, really?
  • Is anyone going to want to read this when I'm done?
    • What if it's tripe?
    • What if my head words don't translate well into word words?
And other assorted things that I can't think of right now, because I'm still frazzled from my call to the cable company about my internet being down. This woman was so freaking stupid, and she was constantly interrupting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment