Sunday, October 11, 2015

Catching Up

Read an article this morning entitled How To Make A Clean Break With The Clingiest Social Networks. In it, it described how to delete your Facebook account as opposed to just deactivating it, which is what I had ended up doing, because I wasn't sure how to delete. So I logged back into Facebook, just long enough to go to the link that the article provided in order to delete my account. Which won't be deleted for fourteen days, incase I change my mind. Here's a clue, Facebook - if I haven't logged in for thirty days (since September 20th), than I am not coming back.

In World of Warcraft related news, I've been playing a little more than I have been the past few months, although still not a ton, admittedly. I'm getting closer to earning the Draenor Pathfinder achievement, which means that once I complete it, I'll be able to fly in Draenor....I just need to do a few pain in the ass things before I get there. What are those pain in the ass things? Collecting the treasure, gaining the Tannan rep, and waiting for the apexis assaults that I need (Skettis and Iron Siegeworks) to show up so I can do those. Did The Pit the other day, and that was a pain in the ass. Not too worried about completing the quests and exploration in Nagrand, however.

My Vampire: The Masquerade game set in Salem has been going decently well. A new player has come into the fold - a request made by her friend, due to her previous gaming group falling apart. I don't mind this person, although I don't know her very well, so I feel kind of awkward going into certain topics, such as what happened this past Thursday. Which reminds me, I really should make another journal entry post for my ST NPC character so that anyone who is interested can follow along. It's here (only an introspection post so far), and then another player has one here (though it hasn't been updated in a couple of sessions).

Just started my Changeling: The Dreaming game set in New Orleans last night, sans one player who was unable to attend the session due to real life circumstances. No problem there - we didn't get far, and I can easily work her in. The players had a lot of fun, which is good - though I admittedly started to lose focus near the end. For one reason, my kids were getting hyper, and for another, I felt as though I had nothing to do, except pay attention. My own fault - I didn't have anything specific for the players to do except get to know one another, and I hadn't yet introduced a character (though I'm thinking possible of introducing a mortal for them to glamour, or possible a Kinain. Granted...the mentor character I had in mind is Kinain himself. Hmmm...perhaps I will discuss more on it with my husband, as he is an experienced GM and player (though not necessarily in this game). and may be able to help me make a decision. Minor technical difficulties as well, due to not being able to hear two of the players as well as the third, though that may have just been a headset related thing.

In personal news, I have lately been exceptionally cranky and headachey the past week, and I'm wondering if it has to do with restarting a medication that I did not have for most of last month. While I could be wrong, I'm not so sure that I am. Looking at the facts and common side effects points to it being the medication's fault. Additionally, I've been feeling more depressed - been wanting to stay in bed and do nothing lately. Maybe it's me coming down from that time of month too, I'm not certain, but I think maybe I'll try calling the psychiatric nurse at my counseling center and see what her opinion is, since that's what she's there for.

Speaking of bed, I think I am going to head that way. I feel like I have a lack of things to do (which isn't true, I know I have things I could be doing), among other issue, so I'm going to lay down. Also, my back hurts.


0 comments:

Post a Comment