Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Contemplation

I ask of all my readers and/or the people who know me that end up reading this, to please give me your opinions on the subjects contained herein, be it via the comment system or via Skype/Hangouts. I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

I decided to write this post because I've been mulling an idea over, but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to dedicate the time or motivation it takes to devote myself to any of these projects, although some likely need very much to be done.

I am debating whether or not to participate in NaNoWriMo this year. I haven't yet decided if I should or not, but it's feasible that I could set aside some quiet time during November to write. For those of you who don't know (though I did provide a link tot he Wiki article, if y ou are so inclined), NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month.

NaNoWriMo challenges participants to write 50,000 words (the minimum number of words for a novel) from November 1 until the deadline at 11:59PM on November 30. The goal of NaNoWriMo is to get people writing and keep them motivated throughout the process.The main goal is to encourage creativity worldwide.

I might have a story idea or a few in my head somewhere. I might be able to do this. But, assuming I do do it, should it be officially or unofficially? How should I go about doing this, if I do it at all? I'm very lost when it comes to stuff like this, which is why I haven't made the decision to participate, but am only contemplating doing it.

That was the major thing I've been contemplating. Other things that are on my mind are roleplaying and warcraft related, but I'm not going to write about those here, as I want the main focus of my post to be about NaNoWriMo and people's opinions about it. I'd love to hear from people who've actually tried it in it's 15 year tenure (this will be year 16).

Share:

1 comment:

  1. I think you should participate. Even if you cant hit hte 50K, minimum goal, make use of the energy, the support, the community spirit and work on a novella or short story or something.

    ReplyDelete